As a substitute teacher, you’re a very important person to students, school staff, and the community. We are very pleased that you have chosen to join the Bayfield School District! Our goal is to provide the best education for every child, every day, and each employee is a vital part of that mission. As a substitute, you’re asked to step in with short notice to help maintain the continuity and stability that is so important to the school program…Thank you for all your support!
Submit a Bayfield School District Application Online
- Please visit the Substitute Teacher position posting to submit an application.
- Employment is contingent upon a successful screening process and obtaining a Colorado substitute authorization or possessing a Colorado teaching license.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a current Colorado Department of Education (CDE) substitute authorization or teaching license attached to their application.
Pay Rate is $120/day
New Hire Paperwork Process
An Adobe Sign new hire packet will be emailed to you. The entire packet is electronic and you can fill out via a smartphone or on a computer. To complete the new hire process you are required to come to the district office with a valid driver's license, Social Security card (or passport), and a copy of a voided check for payroll purposes.
Information About Substitute Teacher Background Check & Applying for an Authorization
- Visit Colorado Fingerprinting and create an account.
- Schedule your appointment at one of the local locations – currently in Bayfield, Durango, or Pagosa Springs.
- Please note, fingerprints are no longer completed at local law enforcement locations.
- Use CBI Unique ID 1134ETPI for the Colorado Department of Education to properly receive your results.
- Cost: $54.50.
Apply for Substitute Authorization on the CDE website
- To apply, click here.
- Cost: $60-$90.
- To check the status of your authorization with CDE, click here.