Your Chromebook's health is your responsibility!
Here are some tips on how to keep it happy!
○ Do not have any food or drinks near the Chromebook.
○ Cords, cables, and removable storage devices must be inserted carefully into the Chromebook.
○ Chromebooks do not like when you touch their screen. In fact, they might react negatively by blurring or cracking themselves if you touch their screen too hard with any object. This includes your finger, a pen, a pencil or any other item.
○ Do not place your Chromebook on uneven surfaces where they might be subject to an accidental fall.
○ Avoid placing or dropping heavy objects on the top of the Chromebook.
○ Chromebooks do not like excessive heat or cold. They should not be exposed to over 100 degrees or under 32 degrees. Do NOT put your Chromebook under a blanket, on the dashboard of your car, etc.
○ Do not block air flow when device is on. While your Chromebook does not get overly hot as a traditional laptop might, it does need to breathe.
○ Chromebooks have been labeled with the inventory tag. Please do not remove the tag.
○ Damage, loss, or theft must be reported immediately.
Carrying Your Chromebook:
○ Transport Chromebooks with care.
○ Chromebook lids should always be closed and tightly secured when moving. Do not carry your Chromebook while the screen is open.
○ Unplug your Chromebook when it is not charging.
○ Never move a Chromebook by lifting from the screen. Always support a Chromebook from its bottom with lid closed.
○ If carrying your Chromebook in your backpack, avoid sharp objects in your backpack around your Chromebook, and avoid throwing your backpack or leaving it in places where it can be accidentally kicked.
○ Chromebook screens can be easily damaged! The screens are particularly sensitive to damage from excessive pressure on the screen.
○ Do not lean or put pressure on the top of the Chromebook when it is closed.
○ Do not store the Chromebook with the screen in the open position.
○ Do not place anything near the Chromebook that could put pressure on the screen.
○ Do not poke the screen with anything that will mark or scratch the screen surface.
○ Do not place anything on the keyboard before closing the lid (e.g. pens, pencils, or disks)
○ Never use any product containing any alcohol, ammonia, or other strong solvent to clean your Chromebook.
○ Do NOT spray or wipe your Chromebook with any windex/household cleaner/water and/or cleaning cloth/wipes.