Bayfield Primary School
24 Clover Lane (Mailing)
658 S. East Street (Physical)
Bayfield, CO 81122
Phone: (970) 884-0881
Fax: (970) 884-0594
Welcome to Bayfield Primary School
First Bell Rings at 7:55am
Dismissal Bell Rings at 3:00pm
We are proud of our school, staff, students and their families! Please come by for a visit so you can see for yourself what a great education we provide. Bayfield is a wonderful community to be a part of.
Mission: To empower students to meet the challenges of the future by providing them with the essential knowledge, skills, and experiences to become responsible, successful, well-rounded, lifelong learners who can make a positive contribution to society.
Vision: Home, School, and Community: Working Together With Children
Some of the things that make our school special include:
- Small class sizes - our kindergarten classes average 18-19 students per class; our first grade classes average 19-20 students per class.
- Special dress up days and activities sponsored by the elementary school student council.
- Specials classes that our students attend daily on a rotating six day schedule. Our specials are PE, Art, Computer, Library, Music and Spanish.
- Our wonderful guidance counselor who is a great resource and support to students/families.
- Citizen of the Month and quarterly Perfect Attendance recognition.
- Sutherland Farms Pumpkin Patch field trip, Fire Prevention, Bus Safety, Literacy Night, 100 Day Celebration, Dr. Seuss, Egg Drop, Thanksgiving Feast, Felix, and lots more fun learning activities going on!
Registration packets and supply lists for Kindergarten and First Grade may be downloaded from our website. To register your child, we will also need:
- A copy of your child's birth certificate.
- A copy of your child's most current immunization record. If your child is exempt, we have a form for you to sign.
- If your child is on any medication that needs to be administered at school, including non-prescription medications, we will have you fill out a permission form. We will also need a prescription from a doctor and the medication in its original bottle.